Common and proper nouns | The parts of speech | Grammar | Khan Academy
What's the difference between a common noun and a proper noun? Practice this yourself on Khan Academy right now: ...
1. Our team is better than theirs.
The common noun is: Team.
2. They want to buy books and bags.
The common nouns are: Books, bags.
3. The elephant has great strength.
The common noun is: Elephant.
4. Petrol is called the liquid gold.
The common noun are: Petrol, gold.
5. A committee of five was appointed.
The common noun is: Committee.